So you just got the news that the family is relocating to Atlantic Beach, FL. You have questions: schools, communities, doctors, playgroups.
Here is a comprehensive list of resources for your upcoming move. The best news: it's a great place to live, and this list of resources will help you answer some, if not all, of your questions.
If you still have a question, please call, email or text me, and if I don't have the answer, I'll find it for you.
Some of the reasons you should look forward to our area:
- Water water everywhere! Whether you like fresh or salt water fishing or boating, we have the Atlantic Ocean, Intracoastal Waterway, and St. John's River all easily accessible.
- We are home to the following sports & teams: Jacksonville Jaguars, Jacksonville Armada Football Club, Jacksonville Suns, The Player's Championship.
- We are one of a few select cities to have a Mayo Clinic & Hospital.
- We have parks all over town: small pocket parks, dog parks, large parks with playing fields.
- We have moderate weather year round, with four seasons. We occasionally get freezes in the winter, and have had snow once (in 1989).
- St. John's Town Center with Nordstrom's, Dillards, Target - pretty much anything you are looking for, and many places to stop for a bite to eat.
- We have a thriving economy, with military, the Jacksonville Port, health, insurance and banking industries, just to name a few.
- We have the UF Health Proton Therapy Institute, provding proton treatment options for cancer treatment.
- Affordable housing, including new construction.
- Florida has no state income tax!