How is the Jamestown RI Real Estate Market October 2014?
This Jamestown RI real estate report update as of October 2014 is here and this home sales market is struggling to rebound. The real estate market for January – October 2014 is showing a 21% decrease in home sales and a 6% decrease in home sale prices as compared to the same time period in 2013. Overall, the luxury Jamestown housing market had 2 homes this month that sold for over $1 million in waterfront RI real estate which is a good sign for the luxury market here.
Knowing the waterfront and Jamestown RI coastal real estate area is part of the RI home discovery process. If you are buying or selling a home in coastal Jamestown RI real estate, you want to understand the local housing market.
Here is the current real estate market data for Jamestown, RI provided by Ginny Lacey Gorman of RI waterfront real estate for October 2014:
Properties active and on the market: 90
- Single-family properties sold: 7
- Average sales price: $ 655,000
- Sales price to list price ratio: 95%
- Average days on the market: 185
- Sales currently pending: 3
Jamestown’s home absorption rate is still attempting to get out of a Buyer’s real estate market with many months of home inventory. This is a higher end RI real estate market but overall the luxury market has only 1 less home sold year to date as compared to 2013 so far.
- Jamestown’s home inventory decreased by 4 homes over the prior month, days on market increased by a couple of weeks and list price to sold price increased to 95%.
- Jamestown waterfront homes had 2 luxury homes sold in October.
- Breakdown of the 7 Jamestown RI homes sold this month is as follows: 0 homes sold under $300,000, 2 homes sold between $300,000-$400,000, 3 homes sold for over $400,000 but less than a million and 2 homes sold for over 1 million dollars.
Jamestown is a waterfront Newport County Rhode Island community that enjoys private real estate on a hideaway island that is unique to this ocean state.
The town itself is known for its stunning coast line, its true island feel, one of a kind Beavertail State Park and coastal luxury living by the locals.
Are you considering buying or selling a Jamestown RI home? Discussing your home needs is essential in this market and what I can do for Jamestown clients. Please reach out to me, Ginny Lacey Gorman, RI coastal real estate agent, at 401.529.7849 or email me at Ginny@RiHouseHunt.com for a home evaluation analysis. I would love the opportunity to help you in your RI home search or home sale.
The Jamestown home market offers great waterfront, water view and walk to water real estate for all in this island community.
Jamestown RI Home Market Report October 2014