9 Tips for Mold Prevention
People often think mold only grows in the summer, but if the conditions are right, mold can grow anytime of year. Here are 9 tips for preventing Mold.
1) Never store paper products or cardboard in attics or basements. Store these items in plastic bins with lids.
2) Maintain attic and basement relative humidity at 55% or less.
3) Make sure your attic has vents and a fan, preferably one activated by humidity levels.
4) Never use a dehumidifier which requires emptying. Always buy a unit with a pump.
5) Immediately repair plumbing leaks and dry out and wet building materials.
6) Prevent buildup of clutter inside closets or rooms. It prevents air flow and blocks your view of any potential problems.
7) Perform annual inspections of attic, crawlspaces and basements for mold.
8) Clean HVA ducts at least every 18 - 24 months.
9) Clean and maintain gutters. Clogged gutters dump water directly below, causing potential flooding of basements.
Buyers are often concerned by mold, having it assessed and treated correctly will solve potential problems. Don't let a mold issue ruin your dream of buying a Main Line home. Let us help you and connect you with local experts who can handle the situation correctly.