How To Pick The Right Moving Company
Moving is stressful enough without having to deal with a bad moving company. Here are a few ways to help avoid the less reputable movers and make sure that you are picking the right moving company:
1. Have the moving company representative come to your home so that they can visually see what it is that they will be moving. Doing this will help avoid unwelcome surprises or having the mover claim that they didn't 'realize' everything that they would be moving.
2. Get several quotes from different companies, and remember that the cheapest company is not always the best deal. After all, you are moving all of your worldly possessions and do want to make sure that they are handled with tender, loving care.
3. Pick a mover that has a local office. If you are using a local mover or a national mover with a local presence, they will be much more willing to come to your home for a visual quote. Plus, this also gives you the opportunity to visit the mover's office to make sure that everything looks professional and proper.
4. Check the mover's license to make sure that they have the governmental authorization to do everything that they say they will do.
5. Always ask questions when the mover comes to your home for a visual inspection and quotation. Make sure that you are comfortable with their pricing plans and their business history, to start.
6. Watch out for common red flags, such as movers not offering or satisfactorily explaining moving insurance to you or movers that offer to beat any price. With moving you get what you pay for, and a too-good-to-be-true price may end up being just that, with unexpected extras being tacked on to your original quotation.