Having your home on the market brings a new twist to the holiday season. Here are some tips to help you attract buyers…
Five Tips for a Holiday Sale
1. Go “light” on the lights. If you are trying to attract buyers, this is the year to leave the giant blow up Santa in the basement. Place a tasteful holiday wreath on the door instead. Think Martha Stewart not Clark Griswald.
2. Create a relaxing atmosphere. Stage your house with some of the following to make your house the “must have” instead of a “maybe”
a. Lightly scented winter candles (nothing overpowering)
b. Thermostat set at a comfortable temperature (buyers will welcome a warm home)
c. A fire in the fireplace (it sets the mood)
3. Décor. Interior decorations should be minimal and complimentary to the room. Including a Christmas tree that works well with the space and colors of the room. No need to use the Rockefeller Center tree with a mix match of colored lights.
4. Place greens in the window boxes and garland and white twinkle lights on the mantel-it is classic yet festive.
5. Have an agent hosted holiday open house w/ hot cider, cookies and a holiday instrumental playlist to set the mood.
All the Buyers want for Christmas is a new home and you can assist Santa in bringing you a SOLD sign this holiday season!
Kimberly Addelman is a licensed real estate salesperson with Realty USA and accredited ASP stager. Contact Kim at 716.816.5654 or www.VillageHomeSales.com