Below you will find information on how to prepare your home for an open house. Some of these steps are very crucial, they can cost you a sale if you don't do them. You have the choice to choose what you do, these are just suggestions that I recommend, they could possibly benefit you and get you an offer on your home!
1. Try to eliminate about half of your belongings as clutter can cost a sale. Rent a storage unit or portable pod for unwanted pieces of furniture or knickknacks. Another idea is to ask a friend if you can borrow some space in his or her garage for the day or week.
2. Use something called "home wash" to clean the outside of the house. This wash is gentle on your house and wont leave any kind of soap scum or marks.
3. Clean rain gutters as well as outside windows and screens.
4. Make sure the front door is inviting. Paint the door if needed. Another thing ot do is replace any outdated outdoor lighting fixtures.
5. Buy new house numbers if the old ones are dated or faded. Be sure buyers can see the new ones from the curb.
6. Buy a new welcome mat for the front door.
7. Organize all closets and drawers. Buyers might look there to see how the space can be utilized.
8. Make any necessary repairs so that buyers don't have to add that to their list of expenses.
9. Rearrange furniture to make rooms appear as large as possible.
I hope some of these suggestions get you some offers at your next open house. By doing these, you could also receive a higher offer than what you expected. Happy Selling!!
If you buy and close on a home that is $150,000+ with me as your Realtor, I will buy or credit you a new Kayak or Lawnmower. So what are you waiting for? Pick up the phone and give us a call today at (248) 310-6239 or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!