Yes it can, there are all different types of mold requiring different moisture rates. One specific example are basidiospores which you may see on a wood 2x4. This type of mold is associated with dry rot which means it does not need high levels of moisture to survive once this mold is present to survive.
Molds can also use humidity as a moisture/water source and grow on solely humidity as the food source such as wood/drywall can absorb that moisture from the air. Once mold is present it will release spores whether it is alive or dormant which can have allergenic effects.
When visible mold is present the best way to get rid of it is to physically remove it from the building, eliminate the water source and control air flow and humidity. There is a big difference between killing mold and mold removal.
There are industry guidelines and recommendations but not all mold removal companies are the same. It is always best to get a third-party clearance test by an inspector who is not the mitigation company as there is a conflict of interest and mold can have serious health effects.
Many water proofing companies say you get rid of the water, you get rid of the mold. False- the mold will always be there until it is physically removed.
Consider subscribing it’s free videos multiple videos about home inspection and mold scams - https://www.youtube.com/user/EdLampl
Ed Lampl, Professional Home Inspector - 412-222-5968
Home Inspections + Environmental Testing - Sick Building Syndrome Specialist
ASHI (American Society of Home Inspectors) #246381
CMI & CMA (Certified Mold Inspector & Assessor) #2033
Pesticide Applicator #402710 + DEP PA. Radon Certified #2569
Pennsylvania Auctioneering License Number : AU002126L
"We provide a superior level of service unmatched in the Testing and Building Inspection Industry"
West Penn Multi-List - member - Lockbox Key
Military Quality Infrared Technology - Trained
Subscribe to CommentsComment