In the Real Estate business stress is one of the unavoidables. Stress is one of those things that can be a game changer when dealing with life in general. Our levels of stress and how we handle it can definately change a day from being good to not so good. For many obvious reasons, stress is a real bummer, and the more we experience the harder it can be to deal with. Here are a few simple things to try next time you're feeling the pressure or stress of life.
1. Take 10 deep breaths. This may sound a little too simple, but taking 10 deep breaths actually takes a minute or two to accomplish, and while you’re in the process it’s difficult to concentrate on anything else. I like to think of an upcoming family event :-) The process will give your mind a break from stress.
2. Take a walk. Exercise is a known stress reducer, but a full-blown workout is not always feasible in your time budget. A good substitute is a short walk. The increased oxygen and blood flow to the brain will help you think more clearly.
3. Finish something. Sometimes we get so many balls in the air that our minds start to overload. Realize when this is happening and pick one task to complete 100 percent of the way.
4. Stress is a state of mind. Someone once said, "the only stress we experience is the stress we impose on ourselves." Realize that things could probably be better, but they could also probably be worse, and give yourself a little relief.
5. Laugh a little. Watch a funny movie or TV show, or maybe tell some jokes with friends. Laughter cools your stress response and increases your heart rate, making your more relaxed.
So take a deep breath and relax, It's good for you.
If you or someone you know is
Selling, Buying, Investing or Renting in the Pocono's and would like less stress in the process :-)
Call me today at 570-588-8085
email me at email@example.com
or visit my website at