December and January are a time of festivity with family and friends, but it is also a time of increased number of fires at homes. Every year around this time, we see a rise in the number of house fires and we want everybody to enjoy the festivities and relax for the Holiday brake!
We have put together an Electrical Safety Holiday List because we have identified key things you can do, to avoid incidents. These are things you can eaily manage at home:
3) Make sure decorations are intended for indoor or outdoor use
8) Do not overload outlets. This will overload the circuit and cause damage to electrical system or even fire!
9) Make sure your holiday lights have UL safety labels
10) Make sure your Smoke Detectors are working. Replace batteries if needed
11) Route extension cords near walls so they are not a tripping hazard.