What is a Pre-Foreclosure? Do you know that this Real Estate term has so many meanings, that it can confuse even the seasoned veterans. If you are a Buyer you may be asking how you can purchase one. If you are a Home owner whose home is considered a Pre-Foreclosure, then you may want to know what help is available. The term Pre-Foreclosure is one of the most confusing terms here in the MANCHESTER NH area. There are many definitions and certainly more myths than reality. The simple definition of a "Pre-foreclosure" is a home that has entered into the Foreclosure process. It has a different meaning for a home owner who wants to either save their home or sell it to avoid foreclosure and the buyer who is looking to buy it, .
It starts with the Real Estate Agent whose job it is to explain what options a Buyer or Seller has.
It is unacceptable for a Buyer or Seller not to receive 100% good service. As a consumer you have a choice, and need to use that choice to choose a BETTER agent, All agents are not created equal. Bigger is not better, so choose an agent that that is ready, willing and able to provide the service you deserve.
THE TOP 5 New Year Resolution's for buyers and Sellers of Pre-Foreclosures
1. THE BANK DOES NOT OWN IT YET: A bank can not sell a home they do not own. To be frank, calls to a bank to purchase a home in the Foreclosure process are a complete waste of time. The bank can not answer any questions or give you any information. The current owner stays the owner until the Foreclosure Auction.
2. WHY CAN'T THE HOME OWNER SELL THE HOME BEFORE IT IS FORECLOSED ON?:
The main reason a Home Owner may not be able to sell their home, is they owe more than the home is worth in today's market. A Buyer could certainly buy it for more than it is worth if they choose, but no one will give them a mortgage and again, who in their right mind would over pay for a home?
3. WHY CAN'T THE HOME OWNER SELL IT IN A SHORT SALE?: A SHORT SALE is when the home owners bank approves the Seller to sell the home for less than they owe. This process takes time and can not be rushed. Unfortunately there may not be enough time to conduct a short sale if there has already been a foreclosure auction scheduled.
4. IF YOU ARE A HOME OWNER WHO OWES MORE THAN YOU OWE: THE MOST IMPORTANT THING is to choose a local Realtor who is experienced in listing, negotiating and selling short sales. Beware of out of state companies or people who promise you things that sound too good to be true. If you live in NH, call us first for experience that makes a difference. Time is important, so do not wait for things to work themselves out, because that will not happen.
5. Choose a "THE BEST" AGENT: The BEST Agent will be one that is a LOCAL AGENT who will know your neighborhood. They will be a "FULL TIME" AGENT who has dedicated themselves to Real Estate. The live it, breathe it and are good at it. They are there when you need them. They should be a FULL SERVICE AGENT who will stand with you through EACH step of the buying or selling process. You do not want to have to take care of the task of showing your own home, letting strangers on your home or left to decide how much to offer when buying a home. Skip the discount because the Best deal is often when an agent saves you at least what the commission is if not more in some cases.
In the end "The MORAL to this story" is that a great agent can bring great results.
Everyone should know that All Agents are not created equal and every buyer or seller should take the time to hire the BEST not just the biggest Agent or Company. It is important to Hire the BEST Agent. In NH that could be me.
By using a philosophy, which is simple, to provide more personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the buying or selling process, I can help you find your dream home .
It does not take magic to turn your "For Sale" sign into a "Sold" sign. It takes a full time Local Agent who specializes in Listing homes like yours.
To CONTACT Scott Godzyk please call 603.661.2121 or EMAIL: Sctprop@aol.com .
About the Author: Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of the Godzyk Real Estate Services in Manchester NH. Proud to be locally owned and operated with 30 years of experience, Scott is a leading Agent for Listing and Selling Homes in this area.We are Full Time Agents ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs with an infamous philosophy, which is simple: To provide more personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the buying or selling process.