Planning To Buy A Warren County Ohio Home in 2015? 10 Tips to Get Ready!
It's time isn't it? You've been renting for awhile and you're tired of paying "extra" for someone else to profit when it could be YOU getting the tax breaks, it could be YOU with control of how you can change your place, and it could be YOU with the pride of ownership! And with interest rates continuing to stay low and Warren County offering great places to live like Mason, Springboro, Lebanon and more, why SHOULDN'T you buy a home in 2015? And maybe you're already a homeowner, but it's time to go up or down in size? We can help! We work with BOTH home sellers and buyers in Warren County and adjacent areas, so here are some tips on how to make 2015 YOUR year to have a new home!
1. Get preapproved! Frankly we consider that step 1, even before picking an agent to help you! When you know your financial options (how much, down payment needed, type of loan, etc.), a lot of the other details fall into place.
2. Turn off the TV! Those reality shows are anything but real! Real estate is LOCAL. What is "standard" in one area may have ZERO bearing here in Ohio. And despite TV appearances, EVERY home doesn't come with granite counters and luxury showers.
3. Assess your needs AND account for possible future changes. Planning to change jobs? Relocate? Getting married or adding kids?
4. What are MUST HAVES and NICE TO HAVES for your next home? Rarely does anyone find the PERFECT home, but we'll come as close to it as we can.
5. Where do you want to live & how far of a commute are you willing to take? Modern? Historic? Urban? Rural? Suburban? Each is a lifestyle choice.
6. What type of home? Single family home or Condo? Two story or ranch?
7. Do school systems matter? Need specific programs? The "perfect" school system for some may not be the perfect school for your kids. And even if you don't have kids, school systems affect property values!
8. Plan for associated home expenses: home insurance, utilities, taxes, etc. Owning a home is a lot more than just the mortgage.
9. Avoid websites that don't give you accurate info about what's for sale and what a home's "worth" is. We have plenty of clients that think a website that starts with Z and rhymes with pillow has accurate pricing info. They don't, and they'll tell you so if you read the disclaimers. Stick to our site for Cincinnati MLS accurate information. And if your focus is northern Warren County (e.g. Springboro, Waynesville, etc.), take advantage of our offer to search BOTH Cincinnati and Dayton MLS so no homes that fit your needs are left undiscovered.
10. And certainly not least or last in importance, pick ONE agent to work with! That's right, not 3 or 4 all looking for you. One DEDICATED agent working for you will get you further and better service.
More questions about buying a Warren County home? Just give The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite a call at 513-520-5305!
Serving Warren County's residential real estate needs,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz