Planning To Sell Your Warren County Ohio Home in 2015? 7 Tips to Get Ready!
Are you ready for a change? Time to bump up because you need more room? Or maybe you're heading in the opposite direction and ready to shift to a 55+ community, a patio home or a condo? Or maybe you're ready to leave the area entirely and head to warmer climes? In any case, we can help you find what you want to buy AND help you sell your existing home!
Here are some tips to help you get ready:
1. Evaluate your financial situation and your home options get clearer. First, making sure you can get a loan that matches up with your home desires is critical. No point in putting your home on the market and THEN finding out you can't buy what you want. And a big question, can you buy your next home without first selling your current home?
2. Start packing now! Okay, maybe not RIGHT now, but soon. Assess what you want to keep and what you don't. It's totally common for a seller to be scrambling to leave a sold house on time because they underestimated just how much stuff they had! And removing some items can help your home feel bigger, have a better flow and help buyers love your home!
3. Along with #2, put away your valuables and hazardous items. Secure your jewelry, medications and your favorite Glock. And don't forget collectibles that can be easily damaged or "acquired" by curious kids during a showing. And stash away the telltales that indicate why you might be wanting to sell. That "Happy Retirement" banner just might work against you.
4. Start thinking about how you're going to handle Fido and Scratchy while your home is on the market. No buyer's agent wants to worry about your cat scooting out the door and believe it or not, some people are actually terrified of dogs, now matter how friendly they are. And hate to say it, but some really friendly dogs turn into Cujo when they're home alone and strangers walk through the front door into THEIR turf.
5. Do you need to make some updates and touch ups? Worn carpet? Nicks in the drywall? Faded front door paint? Obvious wood damage outside? Think like a home inspector and a buyer and fix the potential deal killers.
6. This one's critical: Identify your listing agent! You're going to want strong marketing and a track record of success. And before you start on the items in #5, a listing agent can tell you which ones are worth doing and which ones aren't going to help you sell faster or for more money.
7. Find out from your listing agent their best estimate for what your home should sell for and how quickly (or slowly) it should sell.
There's obviously more to the process, but these tips can help you get started and well on the way to meeting your real estate goals in 2015.
More questions about selling your Warren County home? Just give The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite a call at 513-520-5305!
Serving Warren County's residential real estate needs,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz