My 10 Favorite things about being a Realtor® would have to start with...
- The joy that my clients feel when they get exactly what they want at a price they love. There is nothing better than listening, understanding and then executing on the plan to win.
- Negotiating a win-win deal. Let's face it we all work on both sides of the aisle at various times with our clients. Both sides want to get the best possible deal which means both sides will leave some of what they want. Figuring that out and then executing on the plan to win is a true joy. I like working with and assisting other great agents with the deal.
- Getting the story of a great house to tell. Listing property these days is so much more fun than just getting it on the MLS so the IDX can distribute to a bunch of consumer sites. Knowing the buyer and speaking to them in blogs and social media posts and through video is truly a joy. Engagement is everything in today's internet and I love it.
- Understanding the very local market so the property I am assisting on buying or selling is priced correctly is fun. It is a matter of a great deal of research and follow through. When you get it right you earn your keep.
- To all my listing clients I enjoy my weekly "what have I done for you lately" calls. Each Friday at a designated time I call my clients and let them know everything that has gone on. I know they love the communication and between times I know I need to stay focused to make that conversation have progress and meaning.
- To all my buyer clients I enjoy my weekly "what have I done for you lately" call. From the signing of the exclusive agreement to the receiving of the keys at closing there are details that must be attended to. While your Buyer will know the houses you have seen, they won't know all the conversations you have had regarding the property and the market in that area. They love knowing what I find out for them. Communication in all phases is so important.
- Getting through the inspection and learning more about the house. As a Listing agent I am never surprised because I have lived with and marketed the property. As a Buyer's agent you can be surprised by some of the findings that need addressing. I like knowing everything so that I can help interpret the findings and assist in the solutions.
- l truly like the challenge of the crazy days where you are pulled in many different directions at the same time. I like prioritizing issues in a triage sort of way and getting all the issue resolved in the right fashion at the right time.
- I like working with the clients I get to know and trust and they feeling the same way. It is an intimate transaction for all sides when people can and so show their true colors. I like working closely with people and helping them through to their dreams and goals.
- Lastly I like getting compensated AFTER I get something done. It is never about the commission until after everyone is satisfied and completed. I get paid for results and not for BS or promises. I like that a lot. I am accountable for my actions and I like that a lot too.
This has been my New Years 2015 version of My 10 Favorite things about being a Realtor®