ASK AN AMBASSADOR: Need To Give Referrals? You're In The Right Place!
In our pre-AR days, if we needed an agent for an out of area referral, we went straight to the RE/MAX online directory. Big company, agents all over the world, enough information to try to make a match.
Now? Totally different approach. ActiveRain is our first choice to search for agents to refer business to. After years of blogging and interacting, we know lots of agents around the country that are top of mind. And for some areas we have an abundance of good choices, so we can try to match personality types.
The biggest plus to us for choosing AR for referral is we've had plenty of opportunity to gain critical insight:
- Attention to detail. If a blog post is littered with typos and looks sloppy overall it doesn't reflect well and we can't help but wonder if that extends to how contracts are handled?
- Personality clues. Lots of rant posts? Does the comment stream exhibit burnt earth? We're not likely to refer to those who can't keep their temper in check.
- Local expertise. Indications that the agent knows market conditions, has a focus in the specific area that are buyer/seller needs.
- Marketing presentation. If blogging about a listing, how is that home presented?
- Check out Facebook/website/etc.. Again, checking professionalism and behavior. Take into account the client's personality and beliefs. If the client is straight laced and the agent's Facebook language is "colorful", perhaps not the best fit.
And additionally we're hitting up our AR Facebook friends for names they've successfully referred to. While every AR referral doesn't always work out perfectly, we generally don't have to worry about how well our clients will be taken care of.
And of course, if you've got anyone heading to the Cincinnati/Dayton corridor, we'd love to chat! We'll let you know if we can't provide the service you need and help you match up with another local agent that can.
Questions? Just Ask An Ambassador!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Liz and Bill aka BLiz