Jamestown RI Home Sales November 2014
This Jamestown RI real estate report update as of November 2014 is now out! The real estate market for January through November 2014 in Jamestown is showing a 20% decrease in real estate sales and a 1% decrease in home sale prices as compared to the same time period in 2013. The luxury Jamestown housing market had 2 homes this month that sold for over $1 million in waterfront RI real estate.
Knowing the waterfront and Jamestown RI coastal real estate area is part of the RI home discovery process. If you are buying or selling a home in coastal Jamestown RI real estate, you want to understand the local housing market.
Why? Because knowing how real estate sales are doing gives you knowledge for any home decision you may make.
Here is the current Jamestown RI real estate market report provided by Ginny Lacey Gorman of RI waterfront real estate for November 2014:
Properties active and on the market: 80
- Single-family properties sold: 6
- Average sales price: $ 950,000
- Sales price to list price ratio: 91%
- Average days on the market: 228
- Sales currently pending: 4
Knowing the Jamestown RI real estate market is essential if you are considering listing your home for sale or in the market to buy. Overall the $1 million price range of homes sold is equal to 2014 so far this year as compared to 2013.
Jamestown’s home absorption rate is still attempting to get out of a Buyer’s real estate market with many months of home inventory.
- Jamestown’s home inventory decreased by 10 homes over the prior month, days on market increased by a month and list price to sold price decreased to 91%..
- Breakdown of the 6 Jamestown RI homes sold this month is as follows: 2 homes sold under $300,000, 1 home sold between $300,000-$400,000, 1 home sold for over $400,000 but less than a million and 2 homes sold for over 1 million dollars.
Jamestown is a waterfront Newport County Rhode Island community that enjoys private real estate on a hideaway island that is unique to this ocean state.
Are you considering buying or selling a Jamestown coastal home? Discussing your home needs is essential in this market and what I can do for Jamestown clients to give you the right edge. Please reach out to me, Ginny Lacey Gorman, RI coastal real estate agent, at 401.529.7849 or email me at Ginny@RiHouseHunt.com for a home evaluation analysis. I would love the opportunity to help you in your RI home search or home sale.