Are you ready to buy a home? The blog below points out some great tips on what to expect while touring houses, including how to handle a tour when the seller stays in the house. My favorite comment though is the reference to "bio breaks." Not only had I never heard the term, ( I would use "potty breaks" myself) but it's very practical advice!
What Should I Expect When I Tour A Home For Sale?
We'd say, expect the unexpected! We'd love to say every home will look EXACTLY like the online pictures or be the perfect model home, but that's not always the case and why nothing beats an in-person visit (or failing that, having us Skype stream the home to you!).
Here's what you will typically find when you visit a home for sale:
- It'll be similar to the pictures online, but there may be some differences. For instance the sellers may have moved out by now, or decided the terra cotta paint color needed changed.
- We may not have the home to ourselves for the visit. Sometimes sellers stay home because they think it's better for them to show you around, or because they have physical limitations that prevent them from easily leaving for every showing. And sometimes there just may another agent and buyers double booked. In most cases we'll just try to stay out of each other's way, but keep in mind they're also competition, so let's be careful with what we say.
- Do you have severe allergies we need to be aware of? Pets are common and kitties are often running free in the home. Dogs are USUALLY gone or in a crate.
- We may be asked to take off our shoes, especially during bad weather or if new carpets or other flooring just installed.
- We'll be on a schedule. Not so critical if the home is vacant, but if occupied, the sellers want to eventually come back home!
- Don't count on power or water in every home, so plan biobreaks accordingly.
- We need to leave it as we found it. You break it you bought it, the whole house! Okay, just kidding about having to buy it, but we do need to take care while we're there.
There's more to it, but we'll cover that when we go out house shopping!
More questions about buying a Warren County home? Just give The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite a call at 513-520-5305!
Serving Warren County's residential real estate needs,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
REALTORS(S) Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth & William Spear
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Liz direct: 513-265-3004
Bill direct: 513-520-5305
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map