5 Tips to Make Moving to Your Glenbrooke Condo Easy for the Kids
One of the reasons why potential buyers love Glenbrooke condos in Bridgewater NJ is its proximity to excellent schools. But moving to a new home, no matter how many times you’ve done so before, can be stressful. It’s an even more stressful experience for children, saying goodbye to everything familiar - the playtime haunts, friends and familiar faces and places - can be pretty tough. Then they’ll have to adjust to unfamiliar surroundings, seek new friends and bond all over again.
Here’s a list of tips on how you can help the kids during this transition:
1. Try to involve them as much as possible. This can make the change feel less like it's being forced on them. First, you need to explain why you have to move and it’s impact in your lives. Tell them how you feel and encourage them to voice out their feelings and concerns as well. Expect to hear complaints and opposition, that’s understandable. But let them know how much you’re depending on their cooperation and help throughout the move.
2. Help the kids get familiar with the new home and neighborhood. Show them pictures or videos of your new place so they’ll know what to expect. If time permits, drive them around your new Bridgewater NJ neighborhood and allow them to explore the area. Make it an exciting adventure, one that can give them a positive impression about the new place.
You can also check out www.CNJHomeFinder.com to see other Glenbrooke homes in your new neighborhood.
3. Organize a moving sale. Once you’ve sorted out your belongings, enlist the help of the kids to organize a moving sale. This is their chance to turn their unwanted items into cash. The proceeds from the sale can be used to buy something for the family or as a special treat for all your hard work and effort.
4. Make room plans. Want to get the kids excited about your new Glenbrooke townhome in Bridgewater NJ? Make room plans. If they’re capable, allow them a free rein on how to arrange and decorate their own bedrooms. Also, you can encourage them to help in arranging furniture and picking out colors for the home.
5. Make plans to continue current activities in your new home. This may mean still having pizzas every Friday nights and enrolling the kids in their favorite art or dance classes. Adjust to their new home will be much easier if you keep stick to your previous schedules and routine.
Your attitude towards your new home will certainly rub off the kids so better stay positive and try to adjust as smoothly as possible. As a proud new owner of one of those gorgeous Bridgewater NJ homes sold, you have a lot to look forward to in your new residence!
Looking for a new home in Bridgewater NJ? Call me, Mike Downer at 732-302-1771 or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As one of the Best REALTORS® in Bridgewater NJ, I’ll be glad to talk with you and assist you in all of your real estate needs.