The best month to sell your Nanaimo home
Last year I prepared a graph showing which months were the best home selling months in Nanaimo.
Now that we are in January I thought it would be a great time to prepare a new graph using the 2014 sales figures.
The chart below shows a month-by-month flow of home sales in Nanaimo over the past 12 months.
The top three months for single family home sales in Nanaimo, between January 1 2014 and December 31 2014 were:
3. Sept. & October tied
There are additional factors to consider when timing the sale of your home.
As a Nanaimo Realtor I supply my clients with monthly real estate sales stats. With these statistics we can determine many factors that will assist you in determining if the timing is right to try and sell your home. Some things to consider are:
1. What type of market is it? A balanced market, a buyer’s market or a seller’s market
2. How many days is the average listing taking to sell
3. What percentage of asking price is the average listing receiving
4. How many listings are actually selling
5. How many listings are currently on the market and what is the absorption rate
To receive a current overview of the Nanaimo real estate market please either email or call me.