1. The oldest known pearl jewelry was found in the sarcophagus of a Persian princess who died in 520 BC. It’s currently on display at the Louvre in Paris and is believed to have magical properties!
2. Pearls are extremely unique because they’re the only gemstone made from living creatures turned into beautiful organic matter. As most of you already know, pearls are made mainly from oysters through a process that works as a natural defense mechanism for the sea creatures.
3. Pearls are known for their creamy white colors, but can also be found in gold, purple, black and more.
4. The famous La Peregrina pearl was smuggled out of Spain to Napoleon and later purchased at an auction by Richard Burton who gave it to Elizabeth Taylor as an anniversary present.
5. Not only is Margarita a sensational cocktail but the name Margarita actually means pearl.