Quantity and median price of closed sales increase for December and year. Pending sales also up for both, while inventory down.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The December 2014 housing sales report as well as the 2014 Annual Report on the Northeast Florida housing market are now posted by the Northeast Florida Association of Realtors on NEFAR.com. Except where otherwise indicated, statistics reflect combined results for single-family residential and condominium properties.
December 2014 Highlights
- Appropriately closing out the year, closed sales for the month were 2,014; a slight increase over December 2013’s 1,999.
- Pending sales hit 1,841; a 15.7 percent increase from a year ago.
- Median sales price rose 12.3 percent from a year ago to reach $174,000.
- Months’ supply of homes was 4.5; a drop of 21.1 percent from a year ago.
- Lender mediated sales accounted for 617 (30.6) percent of December sales.
- Days on market was 86.
2014 Annual Report Highlights
- 23,674 homes changed hands during 2014; a 6.8 jump from 2013’s 22,160 sales.
- There were 34,068 new listings added to the market in 2014; 6.5 percent more than 31,980 listings in 2013.
- Inventory of homes, which fluctuates throughout the year, settled at 9,049 at year end. That figure is down 13.5 percent from 10,458 in 2013.
- The median sales price for 2014 was an even $159,000; increasing 3.6 percent from 2013’s $153,500.
- Days on market was 85; little difference from 87 days in 2013.
- 34.7 percent of property sales during 2014 were lender mediated.
2015 NEFAR President Sally Suslak, “The slow and steady increase in median sales price and number of sales has proved to be a sustainable trend during 2014. As evidenced by very healthy levels of pending sales also, the demand for homes shows no sign of waning.”
For these and numerous other real estate market statistics, take advantage of the FREE market reports available on NEFAR.com(Market Stats icon). Three categories of reports are available: 1) The Monthly Indicators and Housing Supply Overview Report summarizes complete activity for NEFAR’s entire service area plus *partial information for St. Johns County and Nassau County. 2) Lender-Mediated sales reports offer a targeted look specifically at lender-mediated sales and how they compare to traditional sales. 3) Annual Reports – 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 are available - give an extensive year in review, with comparisons from the four preceding years included.