Back in November, we made some significant updates to the Question & Answer site on ActiveRain. The results have been impressive, we are seeing hundreds of answers every day and the traffic to that area has increased by 12X.
But, we still feel like something is missing.
Great conversations are sprouting up just like they do on our blog posts, but are agents who come to ActiveRain looking with serious questions really finding the "best" answer??
As a great example, check out this question:
The community provided 104 answers on this single question. And while some of the answers were "Liked" by the community, it feels like a lot more people could have added their input for a more definitive answer.
A New Direction for ActiveRain Q&A
So, we are going to make a shift in our focus when it comes to Q&A within the community. Instead of trying to create conversations around questions, we are going to set out to find the best answer.
- Identifying the best answers on a question
- Make it so a great question can be an ongoing resource, not just a 1-day conversation
- Help agents to find questions with great business insight
To do this, we've made a couple of changes (with several more to come) on how the Q&A section works.
- Members can "Upvote" the answers that they think are most helpful to the community.
- Each question page now presents answers with the most upvotes on the top. Previously, they were displayed in chronological order
The Right Answer is Up To You!
The next time you're in our Q&A section, we want you to really seek out those answers that you think are well thought out and will be impactful to future readers.
MORE IMPORTANTLY... Share your knowledge. You are an essential part of this community. Don't just write a fluffy answer to earn some points, provide an answer that will make a difference to somebody else.