Juneau County teaming with Wildlife and Forests along the Wisconsin River
View Juneau County, WI in a larger map
When Aldo Leopold wrote 'A Sand County Almanac' he was sitting on his sandy tree farm just a few miles down river from here in
Sauk County, but the terrain is about the same, miles of Pines, Oaks and other forests all growing on a flat sandy plain.
It is a great place to raise pines which is one of the reasons why you see the Wisconsin River lined with paper mills just a few miles north of here.
Just to the south of Juneau county we find the world famous recreation capital of Wisconsin Dells, a place for the kids to play while you enjoy the solitude of your woodland hideaway.
Our clients at Woodland Management Service own a significant amount o land in Juneau County with Quality Pines for great income and Oaks which are not much for quality timber but they do produce some fantastic wildlife habitat that attracts plentiful Wolves, Bear, Deer and Turkeys.
Juneau County is home to 270 thousand acres of forest land.
Most of this forest land is poor quality Oak and High Quality Pine with 122 thousand acres of Oak forests which provide premium deer and turkey habitat and another 87 thousand acres of quality Red, White and Jack Pine forests which provide good winter habitat for the wildlife and good income for the forest landowners.
These forests are not only good for producing income for our clients and great habitat for Deer and Turkeys, but it also provides good habitat for many other wild animals like Bear, Wolves, Grouse, and more.
Juneau County currently has 63 properties 20 acres or larger available ranging i price between $44,000 and two million dollars.
If you are interested in purchasing land in Juneau County or if you already own some and would like to learn more about how to improve this land, give me a call, our Foresters and Wildlife Specialists can help.
A few other articles to check out.
- Click here to learn more
What is a Forester & Why do I Need a Forester?
Buying and Selling Forest Land
- Top 10 List for Selling Your Forestland at a Premium Price.
- What Is My Tree Worth? Q&A#3
- Forestland Evaluations, dont Buy or Sell Forestland without one.
- FAQ - How important is Access When Selling Hunting and Recreational Land?
Managing the Forest
- Your Forest May Need a Little Help
- FAQ Is leaving my woodland alone best for Wildlife & Forest Health?
- FAQ How do I create a Wildlife Paradise on my Property?
- FAQ How do I Encourage More Wildlife on My Land?
- FAQ What is Hygrading and why is it so Bad??
- FAQ I Have Recently Purchased/Inherited Some Forest Land. What's Next?
- Need a Break on your Forestland Taxes?
- Why Should I Hire A Forester To Sell My Timber? Q&A#4
- Do I need to have a Clear Cut on my property? Q&A#3
- Spring and Summer Danger, Oak Wilt can kill your most valuable trees
- Hunters are Looking to Lease Your Forestland