This has been discussed again and again and again---
and it will continue to be discussed.
Al Heavens, a 'reporter' writing on Philly.com recently posted an article that provided yet another forum for agents to cloud the issue. I responded:
"They may serve 2 masters but they sure can't be the advocate most buyers need when they do.When they are in negotiations is the seller's agent going to:
- suggest they keep looking at homes till the deal is done.
- Is the seller's agent going to tell them he suspects the basement may have been finished without permits and that they need to check with the city.
- Is the seller's agent going to try and help them get as much in the way of seller concessions as possible after the home inspection is done.
- Is the seller's agent going to help them find comps (comparable sold properties) that DO NOT justify the seller's asking price.
- Is the seller's agent going to help to position them to have a plan B so that they don't feel they HAVE to make a deal work.
- NO. For all that and more they need an agent that is not working for the seller. They need a buyers agent -an exclusive buyers agent if they can find one."
If you are looking for an exclusive buyers agent in Pennsylvania contact Marc Birnbaum at Paul Howard Realty. The office number is 856-488-8444. If he isn't in someone will give you his cell number.
If you are looking for an exclusive buyers agent in New Jersey contact Paul Howard at Paul Howard Realty at 856-488-8444
Take 30 seconds and watch this video: