In 2013 our 21 Low/No Cost Real Estate Marketing Tips was one of our top AgentsBoost posts. Likewise, last year our 21 Low or No Cost Real Estate Marketing Tips for 2014 was one of the most viewed posts. Yes… we have you covered again this year!
Real estate has become a more expensive business to be in over the last decade with the marketing demands of buyers and sellers. So many places to be seen, heard, read and found that it is hard to afford and do it all.
One of the biggest challenges agents face in their career is the battle of being profitable. Managing to be out there without having to buy your way into the market.
Presenting the 2015 List of Low or No Cost Marketing Ideas for Real Estate Agents
- Article Contribution – submit articles and press releases throughout the year to the local media sources. “Top 10 Lists” or “How To” articles are always a hit. Take the time to submit articles on market trends, challenges in the market for buyers and sellers and even the new marketing strategies that agents are using like the use of “drones” and aerial photography for example. You never know when you may become the voice of real estate in your community. Always remember to link back to your site, a YouTube video or Social Media platform within the content.
- Internet Marketing – not all marketing on the internet has to cost. The continual changing of content on your word press website is a free and great way of optimizing your website. Don’t forget google owns YouTube and constantly add new video content to your website as well.Other ideas include setting up and regularly posting to Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Tumblr, Pinterest, Google+ and other social media platforms. Unless you are extremely efficient or have some VA help don’t stress over covering them all… just pick one you feel most comfortable with and be consistent with it.
- Strategic Alliances – Leverage with other business owners and service providers with what you do and who you know. Successful companies all have referring relationships with strategic partners to help boost each others business throughout the year.
- Social Networking – Add value to others and be social. My personal recommendation with social media is to listen more, like more and comment more. This will get you further than you posting over and over again. People don’t care what you know until they know that you care! Show them you care first and then share.
- Blog – I personally can attest to this phenomena with AgentsBoost being a huge resource to agents looking for help and support with no expectation of return from myself or anyone. Add value to your audience and offer solutions to the challenges buyers and sellers are facing in your real estate market. Give to get!
- Interviews – Offer to do interviews as a spokesperson expert and become the voice of real estate in your community. Approach your local media with ideas for interview topics. They are always looking for content for their audiences and it may cost you nothing!
- Public Speaking – One of my good friends has become the top financial planner in the country by constantly sharing hope to audiences everywhere on the financial investment world. Sharing how the media works against us and how history repeats itself and reminding us to buy all the time to ensure your dollar cost averaging whether the market is up or down. The speaking gigs by the way, cost him nothing and constantly adds new clients to his database from the events.
- Picking Up The Phone – I know this seems way too simple, but is so powerful. If you, like me, have “call fear” then use the app Sly Dial and stop the excuses!
- Referrals – we spend 6 times the money and time getting a client than we do keeping them. Give your clients the gift of your time and earn their referrals and be invited in to the circle of the other 250 people they know, like and trust.
- Volunteering – One of my most successful coaching clients gets a huge amount of their business from giving back, volunteering and supporting charity events. Not trying to be negative, but honestly, not a lot of competition in this category with other agents. If you help others get what they need, you will get what you need in return.
- Brand Yourself – All major corporations have a brand, logo and slogan to set themselves apart. For a small amount of money on sites like odesk.com or fiverr.com you can create a brand and set yourself apart from the crowd.
- Business Card – One of my mentors taught me to not finish my day until I handed out 5 business cards a day. Put 5 in your shirt pocket or purse and commit to handing them out every day. Not a big expense and something that can create a top of mind strategy for you and your business.
- Claim Your Online Listing – Create your free Google business page and create your online business listing that gives you online exposure without spending a dime. www.google.com/business/
- Create A B2B Group – Take the time to put a business to business networking group together. The focus is not to pressure each other for referrals but to strategically leverage each others services and databases. I can’t tell you how lucrative my CEO networking group has been for my business in the past.
- Video – This is king! Video is free and is a huge source of free marketing to any agent. Free video email at eyejot.com is very cool too. Check out this blog post for all your video topic ideas. http://agentsboost.com/top-methods-to-generate-more-real-estate-business-online/
- Door Knock – People don’t know if they can trust you or like you until they meet you. Here is some tips on effective door knocking. http://agentsboost.com/door-knocking-strategies-for-real-estate-2014/
- DIY Infographics – Insanely free marketing tool that provides visual eye candy. Check out HubSpot or visual.ly to start your marketing strategy today!
- Stumble Upon – If you want to try some paid advertising online and don’t want to break the bank check out the paid search directory tool on www.StumbleUpon.com
- Ad Promo Credits – Google and Facebook ads sometimes run promo codes that allow you to find discounts for these excellent online marketing tools for you and your business.
- Contests – Creating contests can generate leads to you and your business and increase your database. Have your prizes donated from local business owners and service providers you associate with.
- Host An Event, Class or Seminar – Work with other experts to create a high value, high content event, class or seminar to increase exposure and add people to your database.
- Write An EBook – I am constantly asking agents to think about the challenges buyers and sellers are facing in real estate in today’s market. What is the buying or selling process and how has it changed and evolved over the past decade. So many topics for quick easy eBook content that you can capture people’s personal information in exchange for your free eBook. It’s that simple!
- Pictures – You have all heard a picture is worth a thousand words, or is it dollars? Instagram, snap chat, nudge and Pinterest are just a few of the dynamic lead generation tools you can use for free with pictures and real estate.
- Testimonials – Do you have an online reputation? Third party reviews are a huge free marketing tool with Google reviews, Linkedin and Yelp just to name a few. Even video testimonials on YouTube are huge marketing tools for you and your business. A friend of mine sells fitness products on Amazon and fuels his sales and customer trust by asking for a 5 Star review after delivering a good product backed with excellent customer service. He says these reviews are critical to his success. If a good testimonial is so important buyers of a $20 fitness product how much more important do you think it is for your clients buying and selling high value real estate?
Hand Written Notes – Something so simple to do but even simpler to not do. Never underestimate the power to a simple had written note. Check out the possibilities in this post http://agentsboost.com/a-lost-art-in-real-estate-sales-the-hand-written-note/
I trust some or all of these ideas will help you break through to new levels in your real estate business in 2015. We all know what to do but now I challenge you to take action and really create a boost in your business with these low or no cost real estate marketing ideas.
Strength and Courage,
more free coaching and tips at www.agentsboost.com