1. Find the 10 top producers in your area
2. Interview at least 5 agents
3. Talk to at least 5 of their past clients
4. Go out with them and view 4 homes to see how you relate with them
5. Talk to their lender and service people to be sure you work well with them too
6. Remember that buying a home is one of the most expensive purchases of your life and you need the bst person to help you!
7. Check their license on the department of real estate website for past complaints and violations
8. Be sure they are professional, ethical, honest, and well liked in the real estate community