2015 Year of the Wood Sheep - Simple Ways to Prepare
- Sweep the Kitchen floor anytime PRIOR to midnight on The Chinese New Year's Eve. It symbolizes letting go of the old and putting it right outside.
- Put a bowl of fruit out for Abundance in all areas. I love the excuse of filling a large bowl with wonderful colors of fresh fruit and I love what it symbolizes. We are not just speaking wealth, although that is part of it, we are speaking of the Intention of allowing the Abundance in ALL areas of our lives. You can eat them after New Years day as an added bonus.
- Get fresh flowers---with some red flowers in there for FIRE. I'm used to dropping by the florist or even a grocery store to pick up a little bunch of pretty flowers but I have noticed oftentimes I have to ask for a few red carnations or roses. I'm not sure why those bunches often don't have the color red but we're looking to kick start this year and fire elements are needed.
- Burn a candle if you're home on the Eve. Blow it out as close to midnight with your wishes and intentions for the New Year in place. (Those birthday kids knew what they were doing all along!).
- Finally, Open the front door at Midnight or just before you go to bed. I know it's cold but you're allowing the New Energy to flow in at the most auspicious time. It sweeps through the house and intensifies everything else that you've done.
There you have it. Not much money spent but plenty of Intention put out there. It's a wonderful way to start any New Year and let go of last year, particularly if you had struggles or difficulty. Now that you've cleaned out your home for the New Year, clean out your thoughts. Allow the positive to flow in and be sure that you will attract wonderful things in this New Year of adventures you are about to embark on.