It is projected that in 2015 almost 70% of all the content on the internet will be videos.
Please visit the original blog if you wish to leave comments.
Video Tips for the Novice Like Me
Recently there was a tech workshop that I participated in at our local Realtor® Association office. If you are on Facebook you know how frequently videos are being shared and how they are being viewed , liked and how they can become viral almost overnight. Here are some interesting numbers being reported by YouTube about their site.
- It is projected that in 2015 almost 70% of all the content on the internet will be videos.
- 1+ billion active users are on YouTube each month.
- In 2011, YouTube had over 1 Trillion views. Imagine what it will be in 2015.
- Viewers are spending over 6 Billion hours each month.
- They said there are 4 Billion users a day.
- YouTube reaches more US adults in the age group 18-34 than any Cable Network.
- Over 40% of views are viewed on mobile devices. That will increase greatly with each passing year.
Have you ventured into the use of video in your marketing? With stats like this it seems like the ship is ready to sail and you need to be on it. Here are some simple tips for novices like me to consider for real estate videos.
- Using a phone or tablet? Shoot horizontally.
- Your intro should be short but effective.
- Don't make the video too long unless the subject requires it.
- Should you be in it or not. Decide what it is you want to accomplish and the message you want to convey.
- Consider using a tripod to steady the camera.
- Think creatively and out of the box, the public wants to be surprised.
- Consider your lighting, have good lighting and don't shoot into direct light.
- Using an external microphone can improve the quality greatly.
- Mix it up and keep it interesting, bored viewers click off quickly.
- In editing, adding captions are a nice touch and so is adding music.
- Beware of copyright laws and don't plagiarize.
- When posting to YouTube, maximize you SEO power by selecting good keywords.
- Make your videos public and invite people to like and share.
- Increase your viewership by sharing across many social media channels.
I am packed and ready to sail on the video ship. Are you?
These are Video Tips for the Novice Like Me, and You.
it would be my pleasure to assist you!
"The Real Debbie Reynolds"
931-920-6730 - 931-320-6730 (cell)
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices-PenFed Realty
2503 Wilma Rudolph Blvd., Clarksville, TN 37040
©2015 BHH Affiliates, LLC. An independently owned and operated franchisee of BHH Affiliates, LLC. Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices and the Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices symbol are registered service marks of HomeServices of America, Inc.® Equal Housing Opportunity.