Feng Shui Tips for Entrepreneurs (and really anyone) Working from Cafe's and Coffee Shops
No matter where you work, let that be in an office, cubical, your home office, a public library and now even more commonly a cafe and coffee shop (like Starbucks), you want to make sure you make the most of your work zone. For those who do most of their work in Cafe's and Coffee shops, you risk a lot more distraction.
You may have people taking beside you, the calling out of coffee and food orders, other business meetings and sales taking place. It's a very active energy and can be very motivating, yet at the same time, its important to create energy boundaries. Below are some base suggestions to help you do just that.
1. To help you awake, take yourself a nice warm shower. Envision yourself being blessed and empowered for the day ahead, shedding all worries and concern. Train yourself to be present with each day. On a practical level, you will have a fresh scent and pep in your step.
2. Be sure to eat a good breakfast. Studies prove when you wake up and eat a breakfast that fills you, your energy level and amount of focus will be 100% better. Also, you will save money when working at these various cafe's and coffee shops.
3. Do your best to have a commanding position of the entry point into the space. This symbolized you seeing opportunities for your company to grow and expand.
4. Try not to sit directly by a window, especially when the sun is rising. The energy is very strong and can be a bit distracting do to the glare on your screen. So the idea,is to find a location that give you the most comfort and allows you to work for a good amount of time undisturbed.
5. Take breaks, walk it out or do a mini stretching session and be sure to eat lunch if you plan on being there a good amount of the day. Be mindful of your poster when sitting. When we allow our bodies move throughout our work day and have good posture, that also relates to keeping our energy channels open throughout our bodies and mind. Focus is the key word. We do not want to get burned out.
6. Is your time on your computer 100% focused on the business? This meaning, if you are there to work, work. I see many times ( I used do this myself) people surfing the web, Facebook, twitter, etc. Unless those social media outlet are adding value to your time of work, do not engage them.
7. Make a list of what you intend to accomplish that day in the Cafe or Coffee shop. That will help keep you on track with time. Learn to prioritize your list. Do the things you are least excited about first so they are done, which allows you more time and creative energy for the endeavors of your business.
8. You never who will walk through that door or site beside you. Always, always! have business cards ready to go. Some people may even a T-shirt or logo that captures their businesses name and contact information. I have done this myself and it works!!
9. Or you could dress business casual to also offer the energy support of keeping you in the atmosphere of office like focus.
10. To help block out all the various sounds, find music or motivational talks, etc that you connect with. The job of this suggestion to help you get more into your head. Commonly suggested listening is to non-lyrical music. Studies have shown soft music in offices promoted greater focus. Yet sometimes, and depending on your work, listening to motivational speakers is good too. Find what works for you.
11. Know when to call it a day. If you start to develop a head ache ( due to the constant viewing of your computer screen), it's a good idea to call it a day. That is the electro magnetic energy getting the best of you. When impacted by too much, this is one of the symptoms.
Laura Cerrano has been a certifed Feng Shui Expert for over 15 years. She is the CEO of Feng Shui Manhattan Long Island, a published author, Key note speaker on Feng Shui and Certified Reiki Practitioner. She specializes in connecting people to their environment and authentic self with the teachings of practical Feng Shui Ascension.
Mission statment: To provide each and every client with quality consultations that will give them new found knowledge and understanding of Feng Shui to empower themselves at a price everyone can afford.
Tom Braatz Waukesha Co...
Locust Valley, NY
This entry hasn't been re-blogged:
Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
- Topic: Real Estate Best Practices
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!