Wilmette IL Updated 2019
Wilmette IL has repeatedly outpaced its North Shore neighbors in home sales. Yes, Wilmette is larger and more diverse than Kenilworth or Winnetka, but Wilmette homes regularly sell more quickly and for more money year after year.
What makes Wilmette so special?
The short list:
- Wide range of home prices (as of today homes are listed between $325,000 and $3,350,000.) Who can't find a home in that price range!
- Interesting architectural styles including Victorian, Prairie, bungalow, ranch, Colonial, and contemporary.
- Great restaurant scene - new, trendy restaurants are opening in Wilmette regularly making downtown a happening place
- Shopping - shop downtown, in Plaza del Lago, at 4th and Linden, or Edens Plaza!
- Antiques - tucked away here and there are many intriguing antique stores, including Heritage Mall
- Proximity to Chicago - take the train, drive along Sheridan/Lakeshore Drive, or hope on the Edens Expressway to head downtown. The train commute is 25 minutes maximum, drives depend on traffic.
- Gillson Park - the lakefront jewel of Wilmette. A beautiful beach with concessions, tennis courts, playground, barbecuing areas, and concert arena. It's the place where people from all over come to watch the Fourth of July fireworks.
- Schools - your children will receive an excellent education in Wilmette where all schools feed into the well-regarded New Trier High School.
- Wilmette Park district - the Wilmette park district offers 314 acres of parks, sports programs, Centennial pool, Centennial indoor ice rink, Gillson park, and Gillson dog beach. Too many things to talk about here!
- Brick streets - OK, not everyone loves these. Most of the CAGE, located in east Wilmette are bricked streets where residents don't mind that it helps to slow traffic.
- Wilmette harbor - scenic harbor where you might have to wait a while to get in
- Bahai Temple - One of ten dedicated temples of the Bahai faith, it is the oldest surving Bahai hosue of worship in the world.
- Elmwood Dunes - a nature preserve on the lakefront created from neglected land.
- Wilmette French Market - offers the usual farmer's market fare along with, shall we say, je ne sais quoi
- Plaza del Lago - a shopping area located across the street from the lake with a storied history. There is a Jewel grocery store, CVS drug store, Convito Italiano restaurant, Starbucks, Fannie May, plus clothing, and jewelery stores.
Get monthly real estate news for Winnetka & the North Shore!
Sign up for my newsletter HERE
To contact Margaret Goss please call 847-977-6024
Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Margaret Goss is a full-time real estate agent since 1998 practicing in the North Shore communities of Winnetka, Wilmette, Kenilworth, Glencoe, Northfield, Glenview, and Evanston.
See her full BIO