Northside Independent School District in San Antonio, Texas is rapidly growing as building projects are in full swing for completing major projects from the School Bond 2010, and starting new building projects authorized by the voters in the 2014 School Bond. Besides building new schools, the district is also slated for renovations of older schools, and technology as well as updating security features on many sites.
For a complete history on bonds passed, and list of all the ongoing and new projects going on in the Northside ISD see NISD.net/bond. But here is a partial list of recent and upcoming projects for one of the largest school districts in the state.
- "Kallison Ranch area" High School, which is set up to open in the summer of 2017. This yet-to-be named high school for 2,800 students is located next to the McClung Transportation Center in the far west Bexar County. Check with the Northside for the attendance zones set for next year. Northside's 11th comprehensive high school will celebrate its official groundbreaking on April 22, 2015.
- Boldt Elementary School. This newest 800-student elementary school is scheduled to open in the summer of 2015 at 310 Hollimon Parkway. It was funded from the 2010 school bond.
- Inselmann Baseball Field. The replacement of a circa 1970's baseball field is about 75% complete. This baseball field is located at the Hardin Athletic Complex at Loop 410 and Culebra Road.
- Northside Sports Gym is being built out of savings realized from the School Bond 2010. This 2,500 seat gym is being built next to the Farris Stadium, and will help alleviate scheduling concerns at the Paul Taylor Field House which was originally built in the 1970's when NISD only had three high schools. Today, NISD has 10 comprehensive high schools utilizing this competition gym.
- "Village at Westpoint East area" elementary school is also being built on savings from School Bond 2010. This yet-to-be named elementary school of 800 students is scheduled to open in May 2016.
- "FM 471 N area" elementary school is being built on School Bond 2014, This yet-to-be named 800 student school is also scheduled to open in May 2016.
- Security camera new installs and upgrades: High definition security surveillance camera systems are being installed at 75 elementary schools, and two middle schools, as well as camera replacements at eight high schools. This $13.4 million package is almost 85 percent complete.
Some of the additional ongoing projects that are already in the design phase or bid phase are as follows:
- Athletic upgrades for Holmes and Marshall High Schools; Rayburn Middle School, and a renovation of the soccer complex at the Hardin Complex, and Marshall High School tennis courts.
- New Science building at Rudder Middle School.
- Upgrades for O'Connor High School Ag facility(barns and shops).
- New security fencing at Adams Hill, Allen, Colonies North, Villarreal and Glenoaks elementary schools; Jay High School and Rayburn Middle School.
- Turf athletic fields replacement at Jay, Warren, and Holmes high schools, and Gustafson Stadium.
- Heating Ventilating Air Conditioning for Block Aquatics Center, Cody Raba, Esparza Elementary schools; Connally and Rudder Middle schools.
- Lighting upgrades for Warren High School, Hobby Middle School, and Alternative Middle Schools- North and South.
One can certainly see all the growth, expansion, and renovations going on in the Northside Independent School District in San Antonio, and now would be a great time to contact your local real estate agent in finding your next home in the city's Northwest. Search for Homes For Sale in Kallison Ranch on my website. If you're thinking about selling your home, and want to know "How Much Your Home is Worth?", Contact Jerry at 210.789.4216 for your FREE Home Evaluation.
All information was provided by NISD.net/bond, and the February 2015 issue of InsideNorthside Lessons newsletter.