Your clients have been hibernating.
But the weather has changed.
Spring is a few weeks away. It is time to wake them up.
Your last listing…
Did a past client of yours call you to sell their home?
Or was it a referral like most of your business every year?
If it was a referral, have you ever stopped to ask yourself why the Seller didn’t contact their original agent; you know- the agent that helped them buy their house (YOU)?
The reason this happened is because their original agent was forgotten.
- Have you set up automatic emails and campaigns- that have been warming up your sellers during the winter holidays, while they were hibernating (but still on their laptops, phones, and computers?)
The truth is that the original agent often does not do a good enough job of keeping in contact, staying connected, and proving their value.
Being forgotten simply means, not worthy of being remembered.
Now: how to prove your worth…
- Have you been setting up your MLS alerts- that drive your buyers to your website, not the MLS?
- Have you been using your calendar tool-to congratulate people (on the phone or over the Internet) on their birthdays, home-buying anniversaries, and holidays?
- How many of your clients have forgotten about you over the years? How many of your clients found it to be easier to ask one of their friends, if they know a good realtor, then to look up an email from you 7 months ago?
Have you let them hibernate for far too long?
Why not slowly wake them in these three weeks before spring?
- How many of your clients go to large Internet portals or call listing agents across the street to learn about local home values?
- Why not create a blog post or a custom page giving them advice about the home buying process or how to prepare their home for spring?
- Have you been reminding your leads and clients from the past- that YOU have the most accurate home value information in their neighborhood and that you can provide it for them conveniently whenever they need it?
- How much business have you lost because your clients didn’t think of you first? If so, you have lost their repeat business. You have lost their referrals. You have lost thousands of dollars in business.
Sending out a few holiday messages each year is not enough.
Sending out a monthly market snapshot is not enough.
- Before the busiest season begins- have you tweeked and updated your website? Have you added testimonials? Set up Custom IDX pages? Have you added fun and convenient widgets to make your website more fun?
Have you attended a free PropertyMinder webinar to easily and quickly learn how to do these things?
These things do not happen randomly. They happen through digital and traditional marketing. They happen through personalized marketing. They happen through constantly proving you are great at your job and deserving of their business and referrals.
- Are you planning on giving out your business card to people- constantly reminding people of your domain name and email address?
- Are you calling people in your database whose email address you do not have- to ask them for their email address?
The average person knows 3 realtors. You are competing with 2 other agents for 1 person’s business.
So if most agents don’t have a CRM. If most agents don’t call their clients. If most agents wait for clients to ask for a CMA. If most agents send buyers to the MLS to see listing results: then simply do the opposite of what most agents do.
You will be amazed of how many more deals you do per year when you separate yourself from the “right place, right time” agents.
Don't be shy.
We’d love to hear from you.
Call or email us directly:
Anna & Tim
PropertyMinder’s Community Managers