It's that time of year again, spring has sprung. Now that you have an extra hour of sunlight every day you'll have the time to tackle all of those projects you've been putting off. Here's a few spring cleaning tips for your Lakewood Ranch home.
- Sell the stuff you don't use- Whether you enjoy garage sales or not and truthfully I like going to them but I'm not really a fan of having them, now is a great time to clear out some of the things you have collected over the last year. Another good option is selling valuable items over Ebay or craigslist. I made a fortune packing up and selling all of the games I spent bought for my boys over the years. I'm talking about all those XBOX, Playstation, etc.
Give to the needy- Anything that doesn't sell can be donated to help those less fortunate. There are many worthy charities in the Lakewood Ranch area, find one that speaks to you. Make sure to get a receipt so you can deduct your donation off of your taxes if you itemize.
- Time to clean- Now is the perfect time to tackle those projects that only get done once a year. Vaccuming under the beds and behind the furniture, cleaning your gutters and washing the windows. Now is also the perfect time to open and close each window in the house. If you're not someone who likes a fresh breeze it's possible that some of your windows have never been opened. That could be a problem when you decide to sell because windows are under pressure when they're closed, every now and then it's a good thing to open them to release the pressure on the balance bars.
- Time to get organized- Most of us have a junk drawer in the kitchen but if you now have three maybe it's time to get organized. Home Depot, Lowe's and Bed Bath & Beyond all sell really cool drawer organizers and don't forget the linen closets, mine usually look like a bomb went off in them.
- Repurpose old furniture- I'm always picking up furniture whether it's from my mother's house, yard sales or resale stores. Usually it sits in my garage until I figure out what I want to do with it. It's amazing what you can do with a glue gun, paint and a staple gun. I recently discovered chalk paint, you don't even need to sand first. You can find it at White Rose on Lakewood Ranch Main Street.
- Spruce up your curb appeal- We don't get too many freezes here in Lakewood Ranch but even so your yard can take a hit during the winter. Raking leaves and adding flowers or maybe a new doormat can really spruce up the front of your home.
- And while your at it, don't forget to change the batteries in your smoke detector if it's not hard wired. Smoke detectors save lives.
If you are considering the sale or purchase of a home in Lakewood Ranch, Fl. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and exceed your expectations. Put my expertise to work for you and call me at 941-706-5813 or email email@example.com
Kelly Taylor-Keller Williams Realty Select