Price War: Tips For Pricing Your Home Right in 2015 – Pricing your home for the market can be a tricky task. You don’t want to set the price too high and detract buyers, but at the same time, you don’t want to set the price too low and lose money. It’s essential to come up with an appropriate price for your home when putting it on the market, and we’ve come up with several tips to help with this process.
- Use Online Calculators – This is a good place to start your process. Online calculators are free, simple and quick tools that can provide you with valuable information about selling your home. Make sure to use more than one calculator to ensure you’re getting a more accurate home value estimate.
- Use Agents and Appraisers – After getting a general idea, ask the experts. Many real estate agents offer a free-walk through and a Comparable Market Analysis which can provide you with an analysis of your home and current market conditions.
- Think Like a Buyer – Every homeowner has sentimental value with their home and the memories they’ve made there. However, this can be conflicting when setting a price for your home. It’s key to think like a buyer who isn’t going to be thinking about the sentimental value of your home.
- Know the Market – It’s difficult to accurately price your home without know the comparables in your market. Look at what houses were selling for a year ago, six months ago, three months ago and now.
- Fix-ups Add Value – Fixing a few things in your home before selling could make all the difference in setting a price. Add space or light, convert an extra room into a home office or increase your curb appeal. These fixes could add significant value to your home.
Keep these tips in mind when setting your home’s price. Do you know your home’s value? Find out here.