Buying a home can be tough, especially if its your first home. With it being such a daunting task, it can be easy just to push it to the side. With the proper guidance and an awesome Realtor, things can turn from difficult to such a breeze. Here are a few things to get you motivated and started on purchasing your dream home this year.
1. Tell Everyone
- Molly Cain, an experienced life coach and contributor at Forbes suggests that telling friends and family holds you more accountable, and keeps you motivated, making it easier to reach your goals. Tell a group of people who you know will hold you accountable, but will also serve as personal cheerleaders for you!
2. Seek Referrals
- This part is fairly easy. Do your research and interview some of the best Realtors that might be a good fit for you. Ask some of your contacts for referrals, especially if they've had a good experience. Contact those Realtors who you've seen their business cards of ads all over town.
3. Clean Up Your Credit
- This is especially important when using financing options. We all know how important credit is to purchasing a home, and going through the different bureaus and agencies might take a while, so plan ahead and get this part done sooner rather than later.
4. Apply For a Mortgage
- I will have to say, it is much easier to have an approved loan application and a pre-qualifying letter on hand before searching for your dream home. It definitely gives you an advantage, and prevents any setbacks that may occur up to closing.
5. Visualize Your Dream
- The most fun part! Grab your phone and start browsing on Pinterest. Look up interior design ideas, outdoor gardening ideas, anything that sparks your interest. Purchase some home improvement magazines, take a trip to your local home improvement store and take paint swatches. Buying a home is definitely visual, and now its a good time to start combining all your ideas to make the dream a reality.
6. Make a List (Or Two!)
- When going out to open houses and showings, it is important to have a clear idea of what you want in a home. Sit down one morning, cup of coffee in hand, and make a list of what you'd like to have, versus what is absolutely mandatory to you. This list will be different for everyone. For example, it might be incredibly important to have an open floor plan, but you'd like a large yard as well. This list will come in handy when deciding on a home and its features.
This short, but handy list is a great way to get you started on purchasing a new home this year. Sure, it can be a little intimidating a first, but its a very exciting experience! If you're looking to purchase a home on the beautiful Treasure Coast of South Florida, please do not hesitate to contact me at (772) 237-1718 or visit my website here. Our goal is customer service, and you are our priority! Happy House Hunting!