You Might Be From Lane County, Oregon If ...
* You don't pay sales tax and will never vote to approve one.
* You know that Springfield, Oregon is the real Springfield where the Simpsons TV characters live.
* You know that Eugene, Oregon is the real Shelbyville on the Simpsons TV show.
* You know that it never rains at Autzen Stadium, where the University of Oregon Ducks play football.
* You can visit more than a dozen wineries in just an afternoon's drive.
* You let someone else pump the gasoline for you.
* You can visit the most photographed lighthouse on the West Coast and not leave the county.
* You know that you'd "Better Head for Jerry's" if you need some home improvement items.
* You go for a drive and have to decide if you want to see the Oregon Coast, Cascade Mountains, dozens of waterfalls, several National Forests, the McKenzie River Recreation Area, wineries, lakes and reservoirs, and more.
* You know that Lane County has the largest concentration of covered bridges west of the Mississippi.