Spring is Coming so Watch out for Africanized Killer Bees
This week in Indian Wells, CA, firefighters had to be dispatched as a 71 year old woman who lived in a gated community was being attacked by killer bees as she was getting into her car. The other neighbors had run inside and shut their doors and windows and called 9-1-1.
Firefighters called the owner of a company called Killer Bee Inc., who volunteers his services to the county and has 40+ years experience with tending bees. He found 75,000 African Agreesive Bees in the underground Verizon box. He sucked them out and took him to his isolated business address and plans to keep them. He further stated that "they make sweeter honey".
The woman (had over 1,000 bites on her) plus 5 firefighters all had to go to the hospital for bites.
It was later discovered that a pesticide company had been out and sprayed the few bees they found but didn't realize there was a thriving hive of agressive bees. Apparently the spraying made the bees mad.
- If you see a swarm of bees, call the fire dept. in your area.
- Do not wave your hands, scream at them, or spray them with canned pesticide.
- If they are chasing you, running for cover is better because they will not stop stinging.
- If you see a few bees going in and out of a hole or vent in your home/garage attic, do not assume that spraying the few bees will take care of the problem. You could have a 30-80 pound hive of bees in your attic or wall of your home.
- Call as soon as you see them as the problem can just get worse as they will not fly away.
- If you get stung, be sure to get medical attention immediately.
Thanks for Reading My Real Estate Blog.....