USA Historical Moments for March
• March 8, 1971 – The Fight of the Century between Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali commences. Frazier wins in 15 rounds via unanimous decision.
• March 9, 1959 – Ruth Handler's Barbie doll makes its debut at the American International Toy Fair in New York. This date is also used as Barbie's official birthday.
• March 10, 1997 – Fledgling Warner Brothers (WB) television network airs the inaugural episode of what will become its first bona-fide hit show, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
• March 11, 1927 – In New York City, Samuel Roxy Rothafel opens the Roxy Theatre with the silent film The Love of Sunya, produced by and starring Gloria Swanson.
• March 12, 1912 – The Girl Guides (later renamed the Girl Scouts of the USA) forms in the United States.
• March 13, 1942 – The Quartermaster Corps (QMC) of the United States Army begins training dogs for the newly established War Dog Program, or "K-9 Corps."
• March 14, 1923 – President Harding becomes the first U.S. President to file an income tax report.
Comments about Barbie: In 1959, 300,000 dolls were sold. Now in 2014, a Barbie doll is purchased every three seconds somewhere in the 150 countries where they are sold. Barbie was created March 9, 1959. Her beau, Ken, wasn't born for another two years and two days to be exact.
Thanks for Reading my Real Estate Blog........