Okay so full Spring weather is just around the corner and so there is no better time to get started now on that wonderful season. So here are a list of fun and not so fun planning for Spring.
· FUN: Plant summer bulbs! Once the last freeze has occurred, plant summer-flowering bulbs such as begonias or gladiola to add a splash of color to your garden. You’ll enjoy these sun-loving perennials year after year. To find more information on summer-flowering bulbs and other gardening tips, visit the National Gardening Association.
· NOT SO FUN: Clean those ceiling fans! Circulating the air in your home is the least expensive and most energy-efficient way to cool a home. Or you can make life easier by purchasing a microfiber ceiling fan cleaner with an extendable reach that you can find for around $10 - $15.
· FUN: Get a new welcome mat or wreath for your front door. A small and simple change like this one can help rejuvenate your spirits until summer arrives. If you prefer the “homemade” touch, here’s a great DIY wreath project to check out.
· NOT SO FUN: Inspect and clean your gutters and downspouts. This is a great thing to do during the fall and spring seasons. Unclogging the gutters will help water from leaking and seeping into your home, which may cause issues that can cost a lot to fix. If you choose to tackle this task on your own, watch Lowe’s DIY tutorial video for some good tips.
· FUN: Buy a bird feeder or make your own! Depending on the birds you want to attract, you can find a wide variety at your local home store, or you can find some easy DIY projects on Pinterest. Try this simple project from Design Sponge with the kids. You'll enjoy the company year-round!
· NOT SO FUN: Change your outdoor light bulbs. Spring is a good time to make the change to more energy-efficient light bulbs on the outside of your home, as well as in your garage. You can choose from compact florescent light (CFL) or light-emitting diodes (LED) bulbs. Making the change now, will save you money down the long run. Plus, as an added benefit, CFL and LED bulbs last much longer so you won’t be changing them as often.
· FUN: Change or add an accent color to a room. Giving a room a new makeover doesn’t have to cost a lot of money. Making a small change to a room, such as adding new pillows, accent décor or a floral arrangement can have a big impact. Have fun with it and stroll through your favorite home stores and pick out those perfect accents that can brighten up your home.
· NOT SO FUN: Give your mower some TLC. Be prepared for the first mowing of the year by giving your lawn mower a tune-up. You may want to call a service center to have it done by professionals. An annual tune-up typically includes an oil change, replacing the spark plugs, replacing or cleaning the oil filter, and sharpening the lawn mower blade.
· FUN: Clean out cluttered drawers. Okay, we know this does not sound fun for all of you, but trust me, you’ll feel so good when you are done. Identify some messy cabinets or drawers and commit to cleaning out 2-3 at a time so this task doesn’t seem overwhelming. Before you get started, read some great organizing tips from Good Housekeeping.
· NOT SO FUN: Get your HVAC inspected. Schedule an appointment with your local heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) contractor for your unit’s annual maintenance checkup. Also, remember to change the filter!
Got some more ideas… send me at line at email@example.com.