Dallas area lake levels continue to rise. What a gift that is for Dallas as we move into Spring. Many homeowners made it through the winter without supplementing Mother Nature's showers. Though we are fortunate to begin the year with record rainfalls, the City of Dallas is still requiring residents to follow a strict watering schedule from April 1 to October 31.
Lawn Watering Guidelines
- Homeowners are welcome to use their automatic sprinkler systems and sprinklers attached to hoses twice a week. Designated watering days are determined by address.
- Homeowners with addresses ending in an even number (0,2,4,6,8) water Sunday and Thursday.
- Homeowners with addresses ending in an odd number (1,3,5,7,9) water on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Watering is allowed from 6:00 PM to 10:00 AM.
- No sprinkling is allowed on Monday, Tuesday or Friday.
- Hand watering and soaker hoses are allowed on any day of the week.
- Contact the City of Dallas, if you have fresh sod or are planning to seed your lawn and apply for a variance.
- Have your rain and freeze sensor checked to make sure it is working properly.
Fines are between $250 and $2000 per incident for violating the guidelines. Ouch!