Let's face it kittens and puppies rule the internet. Bill and Liz are right. To get engagement on your posts you have to think beyond just post and walk away. Think of all of the places your followers are and reach out to them.
Read it there post and head there to make your comment.
How To Get More Comments On Your Posts
Whether we'll admit it or not, if you blog, you want attention. Whether it's from the consumers or other Rainers, you want someone to acknowledge the work you've put into constructing your blogging Mona Lisa. It stings when all you see is just a comment or two, or even worse, none.
So how do you get more comments on your posts?
Well that's actually easy, so here are some trade secrets from us to you!
- Beg for them! Plead! Ask! Use a kitten photo!! Sometimes it doesn't pay to be subtle and hope someone leaves a comment. Be direct and ask for engagement. For instance, this post is our entry into Eric Boucher's March Madness contest. We've made the Final Four, and we're judged by how many unique commenters we have on this post. The more we get, the better the chance we advance! So how about it, could you leave us a comment? Puhhhhhleeeeeze????
- Broadcast your post and drive traffic back to it. That's right, post on Facebook, your groups, tweet, Pinterest, or any of the many social media venues (just make sure you play within the group rules). The more people you get in front of, the better the odds people will follow over and leave a comment.
- Reciprocate comments. I'll admit, I'm not nearly as good at this as I was when I first started here, but for many Rainers, it's tit for tat. Leave a comment on their post and they'll leave a comment on one of yours.
- To get a comment, first you have to get them to click. Titles are key. Get their attention on the blog roll and your odds go up.
- Got them to click? It doesn't stop there! Provide something good to read and don't forget the aesthetics! Pictures, artwork, something, anything to keep people reading. Avoid the dreaded WALL OF WORDS AT ALL COSTS!
- Post to AR Groups! There are some groups the leaders/moderators will almost always comment on posts to their group.
- Kick the beehive (okay, wouldn't recommend this regularly), but fact is writing about Zillow, Open Houses, part time agents or any number of standby topics can fire up the response rate. But stand by for the blast waves if you take a stand on the topics!
- Provide content your readers can use! (like this post). Tutorials are generally appreciated.
Comments are basically the lifeblood of ActiveRain.
Leave a comment here today and we promise, you'll get one on your most recent post from us....even if it's a market report or a listing!
Seriously, we're begging here, leave a comment!!!
Questions? Just Ask An Ambassador!
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
REALTORS(S) Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth & William Spear
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Direct #2: 513-265-3004
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map