As buyers consider where to plant their roots and buy a home, there are many factors to consider. One factor I've noticed has been popping up again and again, especially with younger buyers, is their proximity to "things to do." Today, I want to take a minute to highlight some of the things to do in and around Harrisburg, NC- a family friendly town just north of Charlotte.
- Harrisburg Park, Stallings Road Park and Pharr Mill Park- Very well kept parks offer playgrounds, ponds, walking and running trails, picnic shelters and athletic fields for public use!
- Movies in the Park- Once a month (spring-summer) Venture Church hosts a FREE movie in Harrisburg Park at dusk. Bring picnic blankets, lawn chairs, and snacks... It's perfect for the whole family.
- Harrisburg Farmers Market- Every Monday (May - September), you can find locally grown fresh produce at 6960 Robinson Church Road from 3pm-6pm.
- Rockin' the 'Burg Concerts- Once per season the Parks and Recreation department puts together a free, family friendly outdoor concert event at the Town Center. The next concert is Friday, April 17th, 2015 and will feature the band Pushh. Food and drinks are also available from local vendors (cash only). So fun!!!!
- Parades- Probably one of my favorite things that Harrisburg has to offer! The next parade is for the 4th of July... A couple blocks of Highway 49 are blocked off to showcase local marching bands, dance troupes, and businesses! I might even put together a float this year.
- Harrisburg Town Center- An outdoor shopping center that features salons, restaurants, boutiques, a YMCA, and MORE!