March Newsletter ~ Austin Area/Highland Lakes
GENERAL NEWS & INFORMATION/PARAGON PROPERTY GROUP
Spring is one of the nicest times in the Central Texas Hill Country with bluebonnets popping up all over the roadsides, in yards and in fields, certainly a hallmark of our area. But, did you know how many of these beautiful flowers got there?
Former First Lady, Lady Bird Johnson’s beliefs regarding the importance of national beautification are told by her statement "where flowers bloom, so does hope." She worked to protect wildflowers and advocated the planting of them along highways and was instrumental in promoting the Highway Beautification Act, nicknamed "Lady Bird's Bill". As a result, wildflowers were planted along many of the nation’s highways including, you guessed it, her home state of Texas. So, thank you Lady Bird Johnson for much of the beautiful flower show we experience in Central Texas from March through May.
We listed several homes this past month and a couple are already under contract!
- 2104 Lakehurst, Spicewood $850,000 - Under Contract!
- 1500 Silent Trail, West Lake Hills $1,500,000 - New Listing
- 100 Milagro, Escondido, Horseshoe Bay $1,080,000 - New Listing (featured)
- 27117 Founders Place, Spicewood $625,000 - New Listing
- 21314 Mount View, Lago Vista $355,000 - New Listing
- 502 Dawn Circle, Horseshoe Bay $344,000 - New Listing
- 346 San Saba, Meadowlakes $216,000 - Under Contract!
- 22111 Oban, Briarcliff $250,000 - Under Contract!
In addition, one of our existing listings at 21607 Heather, Lago Vista went under contract.
Upcoming listings include 933 Woodland Hills in the Tobeyville area of Marble Falls, price to be determined, but it will be an affordable small acreage property with just under six acres. And, 1303 Post Oak Circle, Marble Falls, price to be determined, another affordable option in a convenient in-town location.
If you or someone you know is thinking of selling in either the greater Austin or Highland Lakes areas, let us know. We will be happy to provide a complimentary analysis of the home's value. It may be a great time to sell!
It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. ~Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
Sue, Stacey, Karen & Nattlie
HIGHLAND LAKES AREA ~ MARBLE FALLS, HORSESHOE BAY, MEADOWLAKES & MORE
- Burnet – Burnet High School will add soccer to its athletics in the 2015-2016 school year.
- March 28th - 29th, Marble Falls – Race Across America (RAAM) is returning for a third victorious year to Johnson Park. This year the event is formatted for both a 200 and a 400-mile rides. Riders will leave Johnson Park early Saturday morning (5am) and will be returning late Saturday night/early Sunday morning. Participants will be celebrated at a Sunday luncheon at the Lakeside Pavilion.
- April 17th -18th, Llano – The 26th Annual Llano Crawfish Open takes place at Robinson City Park, 100 Robinson Park Drive about two miles west of downtown Llano off FM 152. For more information go to www.llanocrawfishopen.com or call (325) 247-2270.
- April 25th, Marble Falls – The dog park is set to have its grand opening at Westside Park. However, you may bring Fido and enjoy the park today.
- Camp Longhorn ‘mother’ Pat Robertson nurtured thousands of kids
- Texas 29 eagles have landed, but they’re harder to spot from road
- Spicewood veteran has been waiting 70 years for this flight
AUSTIN, LAKEWAY, BEE CAVE, ROUND ROCK AND MORE ~ IN THE NEWS
- March 13th – 22nd, SXSW® Music, Film, and Interactive Conference and Festivals, Austin. Over 300,000 attendees, filmmakers, musicians and multimedia artists from around the world converge to showcase music, film and interactive media during this internationally-recognized event. Austin Convention Center and various other locations.
- March 21st – 22nd, Nature Art at Artists and Artisans, Austin. The Wildflower Center’s Artists and Artisans Festival showcases artists who create hand-made jewelry, lamps, nature photographs and more. Held at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.
- March 27th – 28th, Austin Urban Music Festival, Austin. 10th Annual local music urban scene aimed towards the Afro-Centric experience.
- March 28th – 29th, Zilker Garden Festival, Austin. Annual garden shopping destination family-friendly event with flower show, live music, food court and more.
- April 1st – 12th, Fusebox Festival, Austin. A hybrid arts festival featuring adventurous works of art in dance, film, literature, theater, and more.
- April 9th – 12th, Austin International Poetry Festival, Austin. Poets from around the world provide an inclusive, diverse, and multi-generational environment in appreciation of spoken and written poetry.
- April 12th, Capital 10,000 Race, Austin. Texas’s largest 10k race from Congress Avenue to Auditorium Shores.
- Now Open – Big Red Express Car Wash, Austin. Opened in January at 11213 RR 2222. Offers a monthly membership pricing option for unlimited car washes.
- Now Open – Calvin Personal Administrative Assistance, Austin. Serving the Lakeway, Four Points, Bee Cave, and Cedar Park areas. Offers help for senior citizens, such as running errands and balancing checkbooks.