We are frequently asked where buyers come from. According to the National Association of Realtors:
- 35% of buyers found the home they bought because of the agent they hired.
- 37% saw their home for the first time online (e.g. brokerage websites, national portals, classified ads, and social media)
- 15% of people found their home because of for sale signs, directional arrows, and big billboards, or some other large print media.
- 7% of buyers saw their home for the first time at an open house.
- 3% of people found it because of print advertising.
- The last 3%, we can't really track it, because people don't remember where they first saw it.
So make sure, when you hire an agent, that they're going to utilize all these different avenues, and resources, to sell your home. Not just one or two of them.