ASK AN AMBASSADOR: Ring, Ring! How May I Help You?
2000+ blog posts later we've got quite a foundation laid and it expands into our WP site (cross purposing material with custom IDX searches).
Our phone rings regularly from that work. Some days it doesn't ring at all, but most days it does, and more than once, especially as we head into our busiest time of year. By no means are the bulk of those calls going to turn directly into listings or buyers we actively help. It's a numbers game, more rings, more changes to convert that call into something that may lead to a paycheck.
But as we said, many of those calls aren't "ready now", and in some cases they're "ready NEVER" calls.
- Title companies and loan officers looking for HOA management company information because our subdivision posts place well with the search engines.
- Buyers determined to ONLY work with the listing agent. Hey, if you want to wear a chum swimsuit and jump in with the sharks, please feel free!
- Another agent's client. We won't interfere with that relationship nor recommend breaking it, but if you're calling us because you need OUR expertise, it might be time for your agent to refer you to us. It's a win-win for all of us.
- Sometimes it's another Rainer with a question. We help, no payback expected...although who knows, maybe some day they'll have a referral for our area?
But other times, that call is a ready now buyer or seller (mostly buyers for us!).
- The buyer who's searching Mason communities and keeps finding us (our blog posts, our Pinterest boards, our websites).
- The seller who searched for their community and those same subdivision posts that the title company and loan officers call us about prove to the seller we know their community. And you know how many other local agents EFFECTIVELY publish that info? I think I've got more fingers than that total.
- The relative who's scouting for their soon to be in state relative.
- The buyer who wants their next home to be a patio home (and sometimes these buyers have a home to sell too!).
Each time that phone rings, it's an opportunity for something REALLY good to happen! It's just a matter of making sure we listen, know our stuff, are personable, and do our best to bring that phone call to a meaningful action: an appointment, permission to add to our monthly mailing list, etc.
Keep on blogging!
Questions? Just Ask An Ambassador!
Liz and Bill aka BLiz