ASK AN AMBASSADOR: One Comment Can....
When they founded ActiveRain they realized something important, it's more than just writing a blog post. Frankly, we can write a blog post on many platforms, including our Wordpress site, but the interaction is what addicts us to the Rain. Getting comments is the reward, the reinforcement for continuing to write.
A comment can be many different things:
- Just a way of saying hello even when we don't have anything new to add to the conversation.
- Might be the encouragement needed to keep a blogger going. They FOUND me!!!!!
- A way of earning community disdain...hello drive-by commenters, hope you enjoy your 25 points!
- An agreement to the post
- A disagreement to the post (play civil, and is the post consumer oriented or Rain oriented?)
- The seed for a blog post of its own
- The start of an interaction that may lead to more. Maybe just a conversation on the post, maybe a new follower, maybe a new friend that you'll meet in person some day!
- Something that gets found by the search engines (so consider carefully what you leave in the Rain).
- A bridge to referrals (or depending on the comment, a burnt bridge)
- Information shared
Comments come in all varieties and the comment thread is often the best part of a blog post. Where you get to see the Rain community in action. Where you can learn who plays well in the sandbox and who is due for some remedial time with the bucket & pail :)
And if you're been lurking, it's time to grab the keyboard and start leaving a comment or two or twenty. It's how we got started!
Keep on blogging!
Questions? Just Ask An Ambassador!
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
P.S. We're STILL working on reciprocating all the comments from our Kitten post into the March Madness contest. We WILL honor our promise, it's just taking time!
P.P.S. This post written under the influence of various medications and the writer disowns responsibility for any misssspulings or gramer errors.