I think this is a great letter or email to send to FSBOs. It is respectful of them and yet very helpful. Some agents go in to a FSBO appointment and almost bully the homeowner as the agents explain why they home owner can't sell the home alone. This sets a much more positive tone!
Real estate agents regularly contact 'for sale by owners'. Yes, we would love to list your home. Yes, we want to find out if you'll cooperate with us (meaning that we'll get paid if we bring a buyer that can deliver). But it's not just about money.
Realtors are both the cogs of the machinery and the lubrication in many ways. We offer many benefits, but here are some of the major ones:
- Marketing - we have avenues that you don't for efficiently and effectively marketing your property
- Screening - very few real estate pros take a stranger to a home. We make sure they're qualified financially to buy your home. And that means we have info like names, addresses, etc. Selling alone? Watch out for scammers.
- Glitches - We have dealt with dozens of home selling hazards from loans, to inspections, to title work and closing. Losing a buyer and starting from scratch can be an expensive education in home selling!
- Negotiation - you may be an A-1 horse trader, but real estate is its own beast. We've dealt with so many issues each and every month that we can help you reach your goals without giving away the farm (excuse the pun).
- Representation - you're not in it alone. Hire a Realtor and we are working for YOU.
Before you decide to sell alone (for sale by owner), talk to me. I think I can make the process easier, quicker and less stressful than selling on your own.
image courtesy Stuart Miles/freedigitalphotos.net