An agent asked when we will present offers on a certain listing. I present offers as they arrive and, in fact have an offer now, which I disclosed and added: but the sellers hope to make a decision today. The agent asked if he could send an offer tomorrow instead. He's certainly welcome to send an offer whenever he wants, but we hope to make a decision today, I explained. His buyer does not need to obtain a loan and will pay cash, which I realize some agents believe is a big whoopedeedo, but, seriously, who gives a rats because it's all cash in the end. Usually when I hear an offer is all cash, I'm on guard that it could be a polite way of addressing the buyer expects a discount, and that's not gonna happen in a seller's market.
Then the agent added that his client lives in the midwest and he can't get in touch with him until Monday. He stated a few of his buyer's demands, explaining that's how his buyer prefers to do business. That's well and fine for the client, but I'm afraid it might not have any bearing on our seller's market in Sacramento. Nobody really cares how some guy in the Midwest prefers to operate. Bottom line, I explained, should we, as expected, accept an offer today and yet receive his offer tomorrow, I am still legally obligated to send the offer to the seller and will do so.
For which he thanked me. He seemed all happy. What? You can read more in my personal blog today about Are You Struggling to Buy a Home in Sacramento?