Wallingford YMCA Fine Wine Pairing Dinner
The Wallingford YMCA has been helping to strengthen the community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility for 70 years. Every year the Y serves over 8,500 members, providing services and programs like Upward Bound, All Day Kindergarten, Camp Ulbrich, and many more. These excellent programs are made possible through the various fundraising efforts of the YMCA and its staff, and one of the most anticipated events of the year is rapidly approaching.
On May 9th, the YMCA will be holding their annual Fine Wine Pairing Dinner at The Farms Country Club in Wallingford. The event begins at 5:30PM and features a four course dinner expertly paired with complementing French wines; live jazz and R&B classics performed by The Macaroni Mafia; a cash bar and a silent auction. Also available are raffle tickets for $10 each for an amazing 8 day stay at a private home on Cape Cod for up to 11 people, a prize valued at $2,500!
The incredible list of items that will be available for the silent auction is chock full of amazing gifts and services that will make your jaw drop! Here’s a partial list:
- One year YMCA membership (value: $888)
- 3 day stay in Killington, VT (value: $750)
- An assortment of wines from The Lunch Club (value $500)
- A signed picture of Malcolm Butler (value: $500)
- A round of golf for 4 at The Farms CC (value: $360)
- A round of golf for 4 at Wallingford CC (value: $350)
- 3 hour Bouncy House rental from Sound Spectrum (value: $300)
- An Italian silver necklace from AJ Canelli Jewelry (value: $250)
- Private Airplane ride and sightseeing tour from Cazz Aviation Services (value: $250)
- 13 weeks of fresh vegetables from Kate Klarman (value: $247)
- and many, many more!
All of the silent auction items will be on display at the YMCA lobby starting on Friday, May 1st. The YMCA is truly grateful to all of the donors and volunteers who have secured these great items.
UPDATE: All the silent auction items are on display in the lobby of either the East or West side YMCA. CLick the link below to see what's available and where it's on display, then go and place your bid on it before the event!
This event is sure to be one of the highlights of the year and I, for one, can’t wait for the day to arrive! Tickets are available now at the YMCA and we also have some tickets for the event and raffle tickets at our office located at 116 Center Street in Wallingford. The staff of the Wallingford YMCA thanks you for your support throughout the year, and hopes to see you for dinner on May 9th!