Exclusive Buyer Agents work for Exclusive Buyer Brokers
At a recent Open House, my clients and I were greeted by a real estate agent. He was working for the Seller, sitting at their kitchen table. He takes my card, looks at my title, Exclusive Buyer Agent, and says, "Oh, I'm a buyer agent too."
And then to further make his point he adds, " Yea, I am a designated buyer agent. Took the course last month." My clients later asked, "What was he talking about?" An excellent question and one example of the confusion that abounds in real estate language.
The confusion about representation in real estate is too common.
So who was the Agent at the Open House?
He's a real estate agent for the company listing the home for sale. He sits in for the listing agent at the Open House hoping to find Buyers. These Buyers may want to buy the "Open House" home or another home.
Either way, this is a common way for agents to find unrepresented Home Buyers.
As a Home Buyer, you may ask-
"How could this agent truly represent me if his company is listing the home I want to buy?" "Will he really work to get me the best price for the Buyer?"
"If the home inspection turns up something really bad, will this agent work to get me out of the deal?"
"Can he really work for me, if his company is listing the home for sale?"
Who Are Exclusive Buyer Agents?
- at Buyer's Edge in Bethesda Maryland, we are licensed Realtors in Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C. with no conflicts of interest. We offer dedicated expertise to Home Buyers
- Exclusive Buyer Agents have access to the entire real estate market with no in-house inventory to sell
- Our goal is to get you the house you want while protecting your interests and getting you a good deal. We do extensive research & negotiate hard for our Buyers
- several of us, including Marshall and me, are former clients of Buyer's Edge. We understand the value of an Exclusive Buyer Agent
- as members of NAEBA, we offer undivided loyalty, full disclosure and confidentiality to our clients. We practice the Realtor and NAEBA code of ethics
- Exclusive Buyer Agency is a refreshing straight forward approach to buying a home. Since 1992, Buyer's Edge has offered full Buyer representation.
Finally, a friend recently asked me if I was licensed to List a home for sale. Yes!
I am a fully licensed real estate agent, Associate Broker in Maryland, Virginia and Washington D.C.
I choose to work with Home Buyers because I know they deserve uncompromised represention.
4849 Rugby Avenue Bethesda Maryland 20814 office 301.657.1475 cell 301.922.1677
For more on designated buyer agents, cooperating agents, dual agency, or intra-company agents, follow the link or you can read "Understanding Whom Real Estate Agents Represent" from the Maryland Real Estate Commission.
Real estate laws are different for every state and jurisdiction. To find Exclusive Buyer Agents in your area, check the National Association of Exclusive Buyer Agents website.