Having the right agent by your side can make all the difference in the world. Here are the five signs it might be time to fire yours:
- Failure to communicate.
- If your agent's failing to communicate with you...they're failing to communicate with everyone.
- Zero negotiation skills.
- Agents need to know how to negotiate the best deal possible and get results.
- The wrong cast and crew.
- An agent can't do everything by themselves, and they need a great team to support them and back them up. You want somebody who has a team of contractors, photographers, listing coordinators, title reps, escrow and lenders, and more so that they can get the job done for you and get your home sold. If your agent's a one man band, it might be time to look somewhere else.
- You want an agent that works full time, just so that when the right buyer shows up, they can land them, and get your house sold for you.
- They fail to promote the property.
- Houses don't sell themselves, even if there's a sign in the yard. It takes consistent promotion, and what we mean by that is posting it out there to classified ads, knocking on doors, and looking for buyers.
- Or, if you're trying to buy a home, guess what, they need to be out there looking for people who want to sell their homes.
If your agent isn't doing everything possible to get your home sold, it's time to kick them to the curb.